Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kai615

Cucumber Marmalade

kai615
9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am in the same boat as I am sure some of you have found yourself one year or another. I finally have that bumper crop of cumbers! Yeah! Only, I have now done everything I need to do with them, pickled, relished, eaten sandwiches, cucumber salad, lunch today was sliced tomatoes with a bit of goat cheese and sliced cucumbers with a bit of hummus. My kids are going to start throwing cucumbers at me or stealing them from the garden and feeding them to the groundhogs to hide them.

So I am searching the net for other things that may be of interest that I can possibly can and save till later (we can only eat so many pickles and so much relish in a year.

I come across many, many recipes for cucumber marmalade. It seems to have been a thing, found old write ups in papers from back in the day with similar recipes, only I can't seem to find an "approved" recipe.

I am a by the book type of preserver. I don't care about my cukes as much as I do making sure I don't harm my small kids, so I want some advice. Am I just missing this recipe somewhere? Is there an approved version out there I can use? Is there a reason it is not in a Ball book somewhere?

Here is one version I have found of many:

� ZUCCHINI PICKLESPLUM OATMEAL BREAD �
CUCUMBER MARMALADE
August 25, 2010 by Wayward Seed Farm
CUCUMBER MARMALADE

2 cups shredded cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
4 cups of sugar
3 oz. liquid pectin
2 Tablespoons lime zest
1/3 cup lime juice

Combine all but pectin, and bring to rolling boil for 1 minute. Add pectin, skim off foam, and stir for 5 minutes.

Ladle into prepared jars, and process in hot water bath, for about 10 minutes.

Thanks in advance,
Kali

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner