Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what do i do with these peppers

Posted by misfithousewife 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 18:59

Last year we got some peppers through our CSA.. I really don't know what kind they are and back then I didn't know what to do with them so I cut them in half and threw them in the freezer so they wouldn't go bad. After looking at images.. they look kind of like banana peppers. They did have a little heat I remember, and some are light green and some are yellow. They were a good size.. about 5 inches long. Is there anything I can do with all those peppers a year later?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what do i do with these peppers

Pepper relish?
Cooked dishes like enchiladas or a very mild chili rellano casserole.

They're going to be soft and not good for pickling, but good flavor.

Deanna

o

Pepper relish?
Cooked dishes like enchiladas or a very mild chili rellano casserole.

They're going to be soft and not good for pickling, but good flavor.

Deanna

o

They are great sliced and used as pizza topping, added to chili or spaghetti sauces, mixed with some diced tomatoes and melted Velveeta cheese they make a great chip dip, we also slice them and put them on sandwiches, hamburgers, in lettuce salads and chicken salad, even in scrambled eggs.

Dave

o

I can then, I use Mrs.Wages dill pickle packet and a little bit of the ball pickle crisp, they're wonderful. I use them all year on pizza, sandwiches, Philly cheese steaks, etc. I've also used Ball pickled peppers recipe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here