Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyofnc

Sweet Pickled Sweet Bell Peppers

nancyofnc
10 years ago

I see lots of approved recipes for pickling vegetables but all of the sweet bell peppers are only used in addition to hot peppers or in jardinere/antipasto. I'd really like just a sweet pickle from sweet bells like a gherkins' brine is sweet and not hot at all . Recipes using sweet banana peppers have an entirely different flavor than what I am looking for. Any suggestions?

Reason is, my friend (who is also a farmer like me) has a glut of gorgeous green, yellow, orange, red, and chocolate peppers that he can't possibly sell out of while they are fresh at our farmers market. It's called "over planting" I'm sure. He's learned his lesson but I'd really like us to make use of this bounty. I've made hundreds of jars of his sweet bells with my hot jalapenos but customers are clamoring for a pickle that is sweet, not hot and, on top of that, most of ours and other farmers' cucumbers all failed this year from the wet spring, wet summer and will be so, on and on for this fall too so they are anxious to get some sweet veggie pickles for their pantry.

Thanks y'all.

Nancy

Comments (3)