Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to store Thai peppers

Posted by macheske 6/7 NorthernVA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 20:28

I have a bunch of thai peppers drying and am wondering what is the best way to store them after they are dry. Had a couple today in stir fry. Still sweating some... but the taste is awesome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to store Thai peppers

After they are thoroughly dried just put them in a plastic bag and keep them in a cupboard away from any sunlight or in the freezer. They will easily last for at least a year.

o
RE: How to store Thai peppers

Hmm.. Funny story about thos Thai peppers! I had planted a bunch of different peppers this year, and a bunch ended up getting mixed up. I knew anything that I planted other than bell peppers was going to be hot. I had planted one that I got in a trade that just said chili pepper on it. Anyway, one day, we were outside, and my hubby asked what this plant was with a whole lot of little peppers on it. I told him I was sure it was hot, and he took a bite, and with a straight face said, "No, it's sweet." and tossed it to me. I took a bite, and for the next 30 minutes or so, my mouth was on fire! I had never tasted anything so hot! I'm not a hot pepper eater anyway, so my mouth was TOTALLY not used to that capsacin feeling! Ugh. After some research, we figured out that they are probably a Thai pepper - they look just like a Thai Dragon pepper we found a picture of. Oh, my hubby sure got a kick out of it! : ) I think it was the first time my kids have ever heard me swear at my husband! They thought it was pretty funny too!
Becki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here