Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zemmaj

Great recipe for newbies

zemmaj
17 years ago

Hi

I was canning cranberry maple orange jam today, and realized that is the perfect recipe for someone new at canning, plus it's fast, needs no pectin and it is my favorite.

12 oz of cranberries (340g)

1 cup sugar

1 cup maple syrup

zest of one orange

Put all ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil. Boil until desired consistency (maybe 5 minutes)and fill 250ml (8oz)jars. Water bath for five minutes. Cranberries split open when it is boiling good and the jam is ready almost right after. (The recipe multiplies easily too, I usually cook six times as much at once, for 18 jars).

This was actually a recipe for cranberry sauce that I cooked too long by accident (but don't tell anyone), so I guess you could make the jam, and heat it with a bit of water around thanksgiving to make the sauce. I have two clients who will only buy this jam, so my biggest challenge is having cranberries year round (seems I never freeze enough). Someone asked me for cranberry salsa last year, but I still have not found a good recipe for that. Maybe someone around here has one. If you do, I would like to see it please.

I hope you enjoy this one.

Marie

Comments (3)