Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_inmo

Ball Cucumber Sandwich Pickles

ellen_inmo
11 years ago

Yes!!!! Another "this one is IT" recipe!!! For the past few years, I've just been doing Mrs. Wages Bread n Butter. We all liked it, kids ate it, I love it, move onto other projects. However, earlier this year, with a surprising excess of cucumbers (many gardens failed badly in the drought), I decided to play with a few different recipes. I did one batch of everything that interested me in the Ball book. No dill pickles, though, no one eats them here, and wasnt able to do gherkins because the cucumber plants croaked in the garden while gathering tiny cucumbers.

These cucumber sandwich pickles are just what I remember as a child at my grandmothers house! Correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to be part sweet pickle and part bread n butter. But yet, it isnt the sweetness that gets my attention. Im not quite sure what is different, perhaps the brown sugar regular than white?? My search is over for the "best" pickles! :)

Its days like these that I go to bed proud. And can close my eyes, eat a pickle, and drift back to my childhood. The sights, the sounds, the smells, the food.......

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert