Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zemmaj

Honey Lemon jelly, for bejay

zemmaj
17 years ago

Hi Bejay, sorry it took me all this time to post. The recipe is simple, here it is. I make lots of it, it is very popular. I also make the same recipe without the pectin and use it in tea, or for grogs or as syrup over ice cream. The kids love it.

Honey Lemon Jelly (from Stocking Up)

3/4 cup lemon juice

2 1/2 cups honey

1/2 cup liquid fruit pectin

Combine honey and juice. Bring to full rolling boil. Add pectin, stir vigorously, and boil for about 2 minutes. Pour into hot, sterilized glasses. Cover with paraffin to seal.

Note: I tried powdered pectin, it does not work or maybe I did not use enough. I BWB mine for 5 minutes, same as jams, 10 if I am too lazy to sterilize my jars. For larger batches, I use 20 cups of honey, 6 cups juice, 5 enveloppes of Certo liquid pectin for a yield of about 30 jars. You need to skim a lot. A 14 kilo bucket of honey gives about 70 jars.

As far as being in business, you will need to check with your specific State, I assume they all have different regulations. I do it in Québec, where a separate kitchen is mandatory and you need to be inspected and hold a permit. It's a lot of trouble but people love homemade food so much, it's all worth it.

Marie

Comments (2)