Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ball jalapeno salsa

Posted by kerryv none (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 10:55

has anyone tried this? it sounds interesting and I have plenty of jalapenos!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ball jalapeno salsa

I have not but I've used the Ball Fiesta Salsa and I do like it. Please post your results if you make it, I'd love to know - I have tons of jalapenos too.

o

I made it last year. Have a lot of hot food fans in my life, so figured they would enjoy it. I was afraid to try it, as is has equal parts tomatoes and jalapenos, but I finally did, and it was good - not as hot as I anticipated. My BF and brother really liked it, said it could even be hotter. I would go for it - doesn't make too much, and from my recollection, was one of the easier salsas to make :)

o

Oddly for me, it was so hot last year I couldn't even eat it. Jalape�os lose their heat to my taste after processing but my kids can eat them so I don't mind. But for some reason that salsa ended up extraordinarily hot.

o

It's really good, and really shows off the flavor of jalapenos. The heat will depend on your peppers, and how much of their seeds you use. It certainly can be hot, but it's worth it to preserve that lovely jalapeno flavor in a salsa.

o

I just made this last night and it is very, very good! I will probably make another batch today as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here