Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

15% off at Ace 2 more hours

2ajsmama
10 years ago

I got an email with a code for 15% online orders until 3pm eastern today. LUNCH9613 - free ship to store too.

I ordered a weight set and gasket for the Presto pressure canner I asked for as a birthday present (I have to ask DH if he has ordered that, or if I should, but Walmart has a better price than Ace even with this sale today). The pressure regulator ended up being less than $13, the gasket $11 with free shipping. I realize Amazon has them for less, but unless you're buying something else there they don't have free shipping and Walmart has the better price on the canner (plus easier returns).

Caution - problems checking out on the site, I had to call the order in, then they got the gasket part number wrong, I noticed when I got the confirmation email that it was another pressure regulator (1-pc? 15 psi?) instead so had to cancel that order and place a new one but Customer Service was very nice.

Comments (7)

• thatcompostguy
    10 years ago

I've been looking at ACE a lot the last couple of months since I got in and made an order.

Some things they sell are way over priced, like the Ball Elite jars. Something like $25 for 4 jars. You can go to any KMart or Wally World and get them for about $5 or 6 for 4 jars. Their bulk lids are over priced.

But they have some things that I have never seen at a store, like wide mouth 8 ounce jars. Those are really pretty neat. I had a $10 coupon for giving them my email address that I had to use, so I got some. I've noticed the impressed rubber on the lids everybody else has mentioned. they had a good deal on the new blue jars as well, so I got a couple packs of those.

And since they offer free shipping to the store, they're on my way home and it's convenient. But it took 10 days from when I ordered to get there. I stopped in and asked how they would notify me and when I gave them my name, they told me my order was there. it had just arrived the Saturday of move-in weekend on campus before the Monday that I stopped by, so they didn't get to notify me as soon as they would have liked. No problem. I understood.

When I ordered, I did have to call someone on the phone to have the coupon applied. their instructions didn't work for me to do it myself. they were courteous and very helpful.

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, I don't buy jars or lids there unless I have a coupon for $5 off or something. The canner was much more expensive there but as I mentioned with the 15% and free ship to store, plus easy returns if the gasket doesn't fit or something, it was better to order those parts at Ace than Walmart or Amazon.

• myfamilysfarm
    10 years ago

Why are you ordering a gasket for a new Presto canner? You shouldn't need it for about 5 years, with normal (for me) canning.

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just figured as long as I was ordering the weight set I should have a spare gasket on hand.

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

I didn't see the 3 piece weight set listed anywhere on their website. Can you link to it?

Dave

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, that's really weird, it was item 64375. I can't find it now either, and it disappeared from my cart (that was saved since I couldn't get to payment page). But I have order confirmation email listing it. I hope they can fill the order now.

• myfamilysfarm
    10 years ago

They may have sold all and when that happens on some website, the item will disappear.