Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Where's Carol (readinglady)?

2ajsmama
9 years ago

I have noticed now that Dave's away, Carol hasn't been here in quite a while (a year??) either. I've been trying to pick up the slack ;-) and help out but I'm not that experienced. Hope everything's OK.

Linda Lou hasn't been around, or Zabby either come to think of it. I have seen Annie lately. Where is everybody (else)?

Comments (7)

• eddie1025
    9 years ago

Perhaps they are all doing their canning! Seriously, though. They are all such wonderful folks with so much knowledge. I hope they return soon. I've learned more from this forum than all the books and classes combined and much of that learning is from the people you list.

• annie1992
    9 years ago

I just got an email from Carol, she's been wildly busy and her DH has had some health problems. I haven't seen Linda Lou in quite some time either, or Zabby.

I miss them, and I've been gone a lot too. I'm selling one house, buying another, closing on one tomorrow and hopefully I'll have just enough time to move in before I close on the one in town that I'm selling.

Finally, after several years of "threatening", I'm moving to the farm, instead of commuting 20 miles each way!

Annie

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I hope Carol's DH is OK now - did she say?

Thanks for checking in - maybe I should try emailing Zabby and Linda Lou (I'm surprised she's not here). I know Kay wasn't that active here but I haven't heard from her in over a year either, after we met IRL last April.

About time you moved to the farm LOL! But IIRC, you sold Elery's house a few years ago, so you've just got your house in town now that's got a contract on it? It will be so nice to be settled in 1 place after all these years!

• annie1992
    9 years ago

ajsmama, Carol's DH is recovering, thankfully.

Yes, we sold Elery's house last year, and we have a buyer for this one, but it's an FHA loan, so we have a tentative closing date of September 25. We'll see if that happens, but it's already been "extended" twice. After that we have 30 days to vacate, so this new house closing is happening just in the nick of time. For a couple of days there, I thought I was going to be homeless, LOL, going from 3 houses to not having a place to live!

Doesn't stop me from canning, though, I did 20 quarts of sauerkraut last night...

Annie

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Is all the canning/canned stuff at the farm? I hate to think of moving the contents of your canning pantry - or freezer(s)!

• annie1992
    9 years ago

Nope, they're all in town, and they'll all have to be moved to the farm, including the contents of two large freezers. That would be half a beef, a whole pig, 27 chicken halves, several dozen eggs, last year's venison cuts and various fruits and vegetables.

Yeah, that'll be interesting, plus hundreds of jars of canned goods, from beans to sauerkraut to jam...

Annie

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Do you have boxes for all the canned goods? Start hitting the liquor stores! Hmm, is there a small grocery or butcher in town who might lend you a refrigerated truck?

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!