Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pqtex

Refrigerator jalapeno slices

pqtex
9 years ago

I canned several batches of jalapenos this weekend, using the recipes from So Easy to Preserve for marinated peppers, Bread and Butter peppers, pickled jalapenos. I have quite a bit of the liquid left over from the B&B peppers because I always make extra in case there isn't enough.

I processed one jar of the liquid because I had room in the canner, and another jar is refrigerated because I didn't have room in that load.

I have more peppers coming in, and was wondering what the quality would be and how long they would keep if I made a batch for the refrigerator. I use them mostly for nachos. Could I just slice the peppers and add to the jar in the refrigerator? Would I need to heat the liquid and simmer the peppers or just add the peppers raw to the liquid? The liquid is a straight vinegar solution with sugar and spices. Actually, one batch is made with honey, per Reading Lady's version of cowboy candy. The other jar of liquid is made with sugar.

Would love to hear opinions and experiences with this. If you'd recommend something entirely different for jalapeno slices to be kept in the refrigerator, I want to hear that, too.

thanks,

Jill

Comments (4)