Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dry Herbs in Ellie Topp's Chunky Basil Pasta Sauce

Posted by janisj (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 20:09

Good evening. I'd like to do a batch of the Chunky Basil Pasta sauce tonight. Unfortunately, I have a sick kiddo and no fresh herbs in the house. Anyone have experience using a smaller amount of dry herbs instead?

Thanks so much for your input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dry Herbs in Ellie Topp's Chunky Basil Pasta Sauce

Can you share the link to the recipe please?

o

It's in here. Very tasty.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spaghetti sauce recipes

o

Dried herbs are fine--except don't make basil, parsley, or cilantro pesto with dried. It's awful.

If you want to preserve basil, you can prepare the pesto sauce with fresh and freeze it, or blanch the basil (15 seconds), and freeze that.

My 2 cents.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here