Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anaheim peppers.., suggestions?

Posted by berrybusy (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 30, 11 at 21:42

Any suggestions on what to do with tons of anaheim peppers? .. (ok realistically a bushel or 2) both red and green fairly mild hot peppers. Aside from what I needed for salsas I've just let them grow and the plants are huge and loaded! I had to stake them!

relish?
bruschetta?
rings?
jelly?

...compost?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anaheim peppers.., suggestions?

Freeze them.
Dry them and grind into chili powder.
Pickle them
Make hot pepper vinegar
Make a Christmas wreath http://www.craftbits.com/project/chili-pepper-wreath

Dave

o

Roast them, peel, chop and freeze for "green chilies". I freeze in the snack size ziplocs, then put those in a larger bag. Use in any recipe calling for green chilies.

You can also make green salsa with some green tomatoes and the peppers.

They're good cut into rings and pickled. Awesome addition to sandwiches.

Deanna (who needs to go harvest mine and the jalapenos too!)

o

Lucky you! I'd roast them (on the grill or in the oven) and use them in a batch of pork green chile sauce for the freezer. It takes a surprisingly large amount of chiles for sauce, so it's great you have a lot. Green chile sauce over burritos is one of our regular dinners, and when you've already got the sauce in the freezer it's a snap.

o

Roast them and use them for chile rellenos (can even use frozen ones in casserole). Pioneer Woman has a recipe (using canned chiles) for an easy casserole. I add ground meat (browned and drained) and enchilada sauce to mine along with the cheese and the egg mixture.

Here is a link that might be useful: lazy chile rellenos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here