Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ahbee01

hot pepper mustard

ahbee01
11 years ago

I have seen a few friends talking about a recipe with mustard and hot peppers,some call it a hot pepper butter! Is there a recipe out there to can, or is it meant to be made and refrigerated? If it is meant to be kept in the fridge,does anyone have a recipe they like. I want to share a recipe, but want to clarify if it can be canned, or just put in jars and kept in the fridge! I see lots of recipes for processing and they have flour! So I don't want to give wrong info! here is a sample recipe! I also seen where people talked about using sure jell in place of flour!

1 quart prepared yellow mustard

1 quart cider vinegar

6 cups sugar

1 1/4 cups flour

1 1/2 cups water

1 teaspoon salt

Peppers as follows:

36 large banana peppers or 40 medium banana peppers or 50 small banana peppers

Directions

If you are new to canning.On this web site search canning 101 it will give you info on how to water bath your canning jars.Also all you need to know about canning

1.Seed and chop peppers. (I use a food processor to chop the peppers tiny).

2.Mix everything together. Boil for 5 minutes,Stirring Constantly, or until desired thickness.

3.Ladle into hot, sterilized jars. Cap with hot lid and of course the ring and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.

4.Enjoy. If not selling or giving away you may want to can in quart jars this doesn't last long!

But if you don't use a lot at one time use pint jars.

How to store: Unopened,Store in a cool dark place about 2 years. Opened: Refrigerate

Thanks to any who one replies!

Comments (3)