Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Another roast tomato question

2ajsmama
9 years ago

I've got the oven going, roasting beefsteaks and paste tomatoes after cutting out the bad spots. I'm freezing these - in fact, we may use them in soup this weekend.

But I've got a lot of cherry tomatoes going soft, mostly yellows, Dr. Carolyn, Galinas and some Ester Hess. No Sungolds. And some Green Doctors.

Would the roasted cherry tomatoes be good in a sauce (like the Sungold sauce) or soup? What about the green ones? I'm a little leery of throwing Green Dr (esp. overripe ones) in with the yellows since I don't want to spoil the whole pan - sometimes they can taste pretty nasty when overripe.

The yellows are bland to me, but I suppose they can be spiced up in a sauce or soup (if anyone has a recipe, doesn't have to be canning recipe, I'd appreciate it. It's going to be in the mid-60's and showers all day Saturday so I'm sure fife & drum corps and spectators/family would appreciate soup, we are doing 2 meals on Saturday so will have propane stoves/grills going and will be running pans up the road from the American Legion hall).

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!