Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zabby17

VacStrip Bags for Foodsaver?

zabby17
13 years ago

Has anyone with a brand-name Foodsaver used thise VacStrip bargain bags? How did they do?

Thanks,

Z

http://www.thesweetattack.com/page/page/2380629.htm

Comments (9)

• digdirt2
    13 years ago

Yes, I have been ordering my bags from sweetattack.com for the past year. They work great. Different appearance from the regular FS - have thicker plastic, double sealed sides, etc. They vacuum easily and well and so far hold as well as the FS bags have.

We tried a small order first to check them out but were satisfied and followed up with 2 bulk orders.

Dave

• 2ajsmama
    13 years ago

Zabby - did you find a Foodsaver???

• zabby17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Dave.

ajsmamma,

The 2240 is on sale here for about what it wd cost to order it in the US from FS so I'm weighing the pros (have-it-NOW-and-don't-have-to-haul-it-home-from-SIL's-on-the-plane) and cons (need-to-shell-out-for-it-now-rather-than-in-a-few-months-when-cash-flow-will-be-better-and-have-to-pay-the-Canadian-sales-tax).

Sale's on till Thursday, mulling it over.....

Z

• kayskats
    13 years ago

can you cut the rolls to any length?
    kay

• digdirt2
    13 years ago

can you cut the rolls to any length?

Yes, if you buy the rolls they can be cut to any length. I find the rolls to be a bit wasteful although I do keep a couple around for odd shaped or extra large things. Mostly we buy the ready made pint and quart bags as they meet 95% or our needs.

Dave

• angelacan
    13 years ago

Hey Zabby!! I bought the same machine in B.C. a couple weeks ago when they were on sale at Superstore!! I had debated getting it across the border as well but felt the deal was a pretty good one, so went for it. I really like it so far. I was going to go for a fancier one but the reviews on the newer model (like the one in Costco) are pretty crappy. Hope you find one that works for you!

• zabby17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

angelacan,

Glad you are having good luck with it! When I saw that some of the newer fancier ones had "automatic bag detection" that was supposed to sense when a bag was there and grab it automatically I KNEW I didn't want to mess with that---it's the kind of thing that I can never get to work right in a machine.

I wouldn't mind having bag storage and a cutter in the machine, but I am willing to do without for a compact size (if it can live out on the counter I'll get WAY more use from it) and lower price. kayscats recommended a gadget meant for photographers to use for cutting the bags straight.

I think I'll probably go for it, too. I'm still freezing peppers and can do some meats and prepared foods this season, get used to the thing, and be all ready to freeze rhubarb next spring!

Cheers,

Z

• User
    12 years ago

Dave (digdirt),

Thank You turning me on to sweetattack via your post.

Based on your recommendation, we placed an order a few weeks ago. We've already burned through most of our 50/50/50 pint/quart/gallon order. Ordering more tomorrow. Being pre-sealed on three sides, they really do make short work of sealing falls bounty.

Bill

• digdirt2
    12 years ago

Glad you like them Bill. :) I need to order more myself.

Dave

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor