Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bejay please explain what you said

Posted by jeanwedding 6 ky (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 14:07

about the light green cherry tomatoes and a brine to ferment..... In my post a few down......
The longer version please.....
Thanks
Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bejay please explain what you said

You could have just tacked this on to that thread so all the info would be together but Bejay said The light green could be fermented with a simple brine, garlic and a small piece of hot Thai-type pepper, in jars with brine bags on top to prevent scum and mold - allowed to "ferment" in a fairly warm room (70 degrees), until bubbling stops and taste test for doneness

Is that what you want more info on?

It basically just the instructions for the fermented pickles at NCHFP only using green tomatoes instead. Leave out the dill if you wish. The brine bag is just like you would use for weighing down kraut as it fermented.

Here is a link that might be useful: NCHFP fermented pickles

o
RE: Bejay please explain what you said

That's what I said OK - but perhaps I misunderstood your complete question, as I just read one posting. I thought you wanted to know what to do with your green and ripening tomatoes. Am I confused?

I do quite a bit of fermenting - sauerkraut, pole beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. in a simple brine - I see digdirt gave you a link- that is what I was referring to.

bejay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here