Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to keep leftover cornbread moist?

Posted by wertach 7b SC (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 16:05

My cornbread is perfect straight out of the oven. But the leftovers dry out and/or loose taste. There are only 2 of us so we have leftovers and take them to work for lunch.

I have tried putting slices in ziplocks while they are still hot and/or barely cool. I tried cooling on the counter and cooling in the fridge.

They still get either soggy or dry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to keep leftover cornbread moist?

Have you tried making it in muffin tins?

o

No, I haven't tried that, you may have my answer!

I remember a while back that I got called in to work when I was about to eat. So I stuffed the warm uncut cornbread in a baggy. I wasn't hungry and it was too late to eat when I got home.

It was good the next day. So I'm thinking little uncut cornbread muffins might work!

Thanks!

o

I don't know if this would work for corn bread, but it works for cookies. I put the cooled cookies in a Tupperware or glass container with a slice of cheap store-bought bread, and then seal it up. It keeps the cookies moist and the bread gets dry. I replace the bread slice with a new one if necessary. I do not like crunchy cookies:)

o

Cool it then package it in individual servings and put it in the freezer. Tuck a frozen slice in your lunch bag; by the time lunch time rolls around it will be thawed and still as fresh as when you first baked it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here