Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Candy Apple help needed.........

Posted by dancinglemons 7+ (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 16:42

Hello all,

I have volunteered to make candy apples for a neighborhood Halloween function. The majority of attendees will be small children (less than 10 years old). I have looked high and low but can not find small apples this year. Has anyone here used cut apples for candied apples?? I am making the red hard candy apples not caramel apples. I know the apples must be de-waxed and dry for the candy to stick.

If I cut the apples in quarters the day before and let them dry in the fridge overnight - will this make them dry enough to allow the candy to stick and not ruin the candy solution? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
DL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Candy Apple help needed.........

Here is one set of instructions for making mini candy apples out of larger apples.

If you Google 'candy apple pieces' it pulls up several different sets of instructions for using slices, quarters, halves, and apple balls.

Hope this helps.

Dave

o
RE: Candy Apple help needed.........

Dave,

Surely you have wings!! (Most angels do!) I had planned on using the red hard candy for the apples -but- your link about scooping out balls from whole apples will work great!! I have a nice recipe for DIY caramel. With the "little baby apples" I should be able to have at least 100 'apples' for the kiddos!! And think of the money I will save!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
DL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here