Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ball PCing Webinar Oct 10 noon PDT

Posted by ajsmama 5b (NW CT) (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 17:19

Just got this email - free webinar with live chat for questions, Thurs noon PDT 3pm EDT. I assume you just go to freshpreserving.com b/c there's no link in the email, nothing about having to preregister. But they haven't updated the home page yet - still have Aug 17th "Can it Forward" promo there. Demo on PCing green beans.

NCHFP covers green beans in the online course (I think you have to go through the 2 courses on High-acid and Acidified foods first, can't skip to low-acid, and it does require registration which could take a couple of days). But I thought this might be helpful since it's got the live chat with an expert.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ball PCing Webinar Oct 10 noon PDT

Link was missing from the email and I had to call them to get it but here it is

http://ball.yourbrandlive.com/c/greenbeans/

o

It wasn't much, they said they'd try to time it better next time (they just filled the jars and started the PC venting, timer to put the regulator on went off just in time to end the video so no processing done at all).

Next one is Oct 29 - chili. I'll try to get the link up here earlier then now that I know it's not going to be on freshpreserving.com

I did learn something new - the jar wrench they have for $10 adjusts to fingertip tight! I thought it was just for opening jars - too bad since local supermarket had one on clearance, DD picked it up but I told her I didn't need it. Might have been handy to get for $7...

o

I wouldn't spend the money on the wrench, I've NEVER over-tightened a ring, I don't think hubby has either. Just another 'thing' to make more money.

o

Just wondering since I had that siphoning problem with PCing tomatoes if a wrench would have helped. I won't spend $10 (even though they have free shipping today with code BEANS10) but for $7 or less I might have picked up the one at the supermarket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here