Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pineapple orange marmalde receipe?

Posted by jeanwedding 6 ky (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 22:54

One in my Sunset canning book calls for ONE whole orange chopped fine, all but the seeds... RECEIPE says unpeeled orange. Does that make sense?
also no water bathing.....
Cause I have a whole bought pineapple sitting in kitchen getting very ripe...
Hate using commercial canned stuff
recipe is
1 large pineapple about 5 ibs.
1 large orange
2 tbs minced fresh ginger
3 cups sugar
anyone have a similar recipe???
Thanks, oh spent most of day cutting up my CHERRY tomato plants and separating the ripe from the green cherry tomatoes...... It started getting dark and raining so had to quit..... Have about 6 more giant plant to cut up and separate...... I am tired
Jean.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pineapple orange marmalde receipe?

Check here at the link below. You will be able to find a bunch to chose from.
That is the problem with those kinds of books, they often have misinformation. Of course, it must be processed if it is stored on the shelf.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pineapple orange marmalade recipes.

o

And that recipe will be very bitter in flavor with all the orange pith included. Most recipes call fro scraping off most of the pith on the peel that is used.

You can use any canning-approved (which the Sunset books are not) Orange Marmalade recipe and just sub some pineapple for part of the oranges called for.

Dave

o

Thanks
I already saw THOSE RECEIPES LINDALOU AND DAVE I THINK I WILL TRY THE SUNSET receipe but no orange pith and will water bath it.
Do you think it will set up without pectin or will BWB make it runny as heck?
Excuse the capital lettering I am a peck typist and quite often hit the Caps LOCK key. LOL
Thanks yall
Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here