Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Need Smokey Chipolte Ketchup Recipe

Posted by kyrsyan z6 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 11, 08 at 9:47

Last year I made a Smokey Chipolte Ketchup Recipe that Bitterwort posted. I thought I had a backup copy on the computer but can't find it. And since I've moved, I can't find the print out either. My son really loves this recipe and I would like to make it again, but can't find it through searches. So if you have it could you please post it for me.

Thanks,

Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Need Smokey Chipolte Ketchup Recipe

You can find it on KatieC's recipe site. Just check the link.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Smoky Chipotle Ketchup

o

Carol,

Thank you so much. I thought I was going crazy trying to find that recipe. He refuses to eat any other now.

Kim

o
REPLY: Help! Need Smokey Chipolte Ketchup Recipe

You're welcome. I know what it is to go nuts searching for a missing recipe.

Carol (Who once sorted through her recipe clippings and threw out the "keepers" instead of the discards. That was a sad moment.)

o

Oh man, that would hurt. I've been collecting mine in one file on the computer because I always seem to lose the hard copies.

Kim

o

for this recipe, it calls for 4 canned chipotles. I only have the canned chipotles in adobo sauce, is that ok or no?

o

• Posted by malna NJ 5/6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 13:56

Yep - those are the ones I use. My stomach has become a hot pepper wuss so I only use 2 though :-) When I don't use the whole can, I freeze each pepper with a dollop of adobo sauce on it (plop them on a tray lined with plastic wrap), pre-freeze and put them in a storage container. Handy for the next time you need a small amount of chipotles for a recipe. They keep forever in the freezer.

o

thanks! wow this is good stuff! great recipe.

o

o

o

thank you! this is a really tasty ketchup!! I used 11 cups of chopped tomatoes and only 1 jalapeno. yum

o

This IS good stuff, I just made my second batch. I'm a heat wuss too, but mixed half and half with mayo it makes a great dip for fish or onion rings!

Annie

o

who that is a great idea, thanks Annie!

o

What size jars? The recipe does't specify.

o

Half-pints (optional) or pints. No quarts. That is what all other ketchup recipes are and the processing time given in the recipe is the pints processing time.

Dave

o

I did mine in 3 pints and the rest in half pints because I can't imagine anyone using a quart of catsup, but I thought we might use a pint for a family cookout or in lieu of BBQ sauce.

It doesn't keep indefinitely, a month in the refrigerator maybe, so I wouldn't want a large amount anyway, even if safety requirements allowed it.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here