Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
freezing apple crisp

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 6, 11 at 13:50

DH came home with a bushel of apples last week. Last year I made a lot of apple sauce and have 20 quarts left so I thought I'd make apple crisp with these. I have a plain recipe but is you have a really good one I'd love to try it. Also, when you freeze apple crisp do you cook 1/2 way thru, all the way thru or freeze uncooked? Thanks for any advice, and recipes I hope. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: freezing apple crisp

I freeze my apple crisp completely cooked and cooled. Then I pop it into the oven frozen, and have delicious apple crisp that tastes as good as fresh.

I have a recipe that makes 2 8x8 pans so that we can eat one now and freeze one for later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apple Crisp Recipe

o

what I make is about the same as mrswaz posted. I've never tried freezing it though, as I find it's just as quick to take out apples (home canned) and make it, and takes less room in the freezer.

I'm post kids now, and that makes a difference. It was nice to have things fully prepared and ready to go in the oven when I had teens at home (they usually got home before I did).

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 8, 11 at 12:57

Thanks. I made 2 already before I went to work and will make 2 more today before I go. I made my recipe and just had to try mrswaz recipe. Ive already used a lot up when I made pies. Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here