Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressure Cooker Baked Beans

Posted by chickachee 4/MN (chickachee@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Nov 13, 11 at 19:05

Hi -

Does anyone have a recipe for baked beans made in a pressure cooker? The first time I tried it, they turned out great, but the next two times - not so much! They were too "saucy", even when I cooked them a little longer. I usually soak the dried beans and go that route, rather than using canned beans.

I will more than likely freeze them once they are done, or MAYBE even pressure can them, but I just need a good recipe to start with. I'd prefer pressure canning rather than baking them in the oven.

Everyone on the forum is usually so helpful, so any recipes/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sheila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressure Cooker Baked Beans

haha,good idea,anyway ,I never try to bake beans made in a pressure cooker.

o

Hi Sheila - if you type "pressure cooker recipes for baked beans" into Google it pulls up all sorts of recipes for making them. Here are a couple of the results:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1850,152166-240200,00.html

http://fastcooking.ca/pressure_cookers/beans_rice_risotto_recipes_pressure_cookers.htm#baked_beans

But these recipes are NOT for canning. They can be frozen after cooking. Pressure cooking is very different from baking so trying to pressure can something that has already been pressure cooked will result in mush.

Hope this helps.

Dave

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 14, 11 at 16:17

I wish I could help, but I can't think why your recipe wouldn't be turning out consistent results rather than good one time, bad another.

I have just one presser cooker recipe (not canned) that I've made several times with beans and I feel like have the same meal, same quality when I prepare that one. But it's a chilied pork recipe, and 1 1 /2 C pinto beans go into that, and dry not soaked. Pressure cooked 40 minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here