Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black and Decker Freshguard

Posted by jonfrum 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 20:07

Anyone familiar with these? It's a Foodsaver bag sealer clone. I found it at the thrift store for $6, and figured it was worth a shot. I'd like to test it before buying a roll of bags, and was wondering if I could use a normal freezer bag as a test subject to see if it both vacuums and seals.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black and Decker Freshguard

No personal experience with it as I tend to buy into the "you get what you pay for" philosophy. So I wouldn't trade my Foodsaver model for anything.

If you Google "Black and Decker Freshguard reviews" you get all sorts of reviews on it. They range from "junk that doesn't work" to "great when it works" to "ok for the price", etc. but I didn't find any rave reviews for it on any of the sites I skimmed.

About all you can do it give it a try and see what happens.

I would be very surprised if it will work with normal freezer bags though. None of the other brand vacuum sealers do since even if they do seal they don't prevent freezer burn and that's the whole point of vacuum sealing foods.

JMO

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here