Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please post cranberry relish recipe

Posted by jeanwedding 6 ky (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 23:05

Left home without Blue book from Ball. brought the cranberries and raisans , I believe oranges too, etc with me and all my leftover half pint jars to use. I remember the receipe is on the right page prob last recipe on the page.
Did order the Big Ball booklet fromAmazon, unfortunately it prob wont come in time before I go back home....
Thanks
Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please post cranberry relish recipe

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 21, 11 at 3:38

Jean, looking at my last Ball Book, I don't see a cranberry relish, looking under 'cranberry' and 'relish' both.

I find a Cranberry Conserve at the bottom of right hand page 31 last recipe that has raisins, orange...Hope this is it:

3/4 C chopped and seeded orange (about 1 med)
2 C water
1 qt cranberries
1/2 C raisins
3 C sugar
1/2 C chopped walnuts or other nuts

Combine orange and water in large saucepot. Cook rapidly until peel is tender. Stir in Cranberries and raisins. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring slowly to a boil. Cook rapidly almost to gelling point. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Add nuts the last 5 minutes of cooking; stir well.

Ladle hot conserve into hot jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 15 min in a boiling water canner.

o
RE: please post cranberry relish recipe PS

Left off - Yield - about 4 half pints

o
RE: please post cranberry relish recipe

That is it. Thank you. I remember it was prob on same page as the Pineapple ambrosia I made again last night......
I used only 1 cup of sugar. and Ball no sugar pectin.... Got that jar for 29 cents on clearance shelf at grocery....

Then on to the 6 or so pumpkins a neighbor down the road here gave me. Plus the six med sized or so bought 2/$1 at salvage store....
The salvage store had several wide mouth jars loose they were 59 cents each. So bought all 6 of them....
Those will prob have to go back Home with me as I have only a day or so here left... Really waiting around for my Ball Big book to come. Prob wont in time....
Thank yall
Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here