Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jgarb_gw

FoddSaver Gasket

jgarb
17 years ago

I Called Tilia (Jarden) yesterday and they are saying that the Gaskets for my FoodSaver V2420 are not available at this time and could not tell me if they ever would be. Does anyone know of a location to get the Gaskets for the FoodSaver V2420?

Comments (9)

• jgarb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I saw the typo for "Food" in the message Title but can not see where to edit the title to FoodSaver.

• Linda_Lou
    17 years ago

Tillia told me to buy a new foodsaver ! No gasket available, same as they told me. They tried to offer me a small discount on a new machine. I am still trying to figure out something to use in it's place, if possible.
    Good luck to you, too.

• John__ShowMe__USA
    17 years ago

This is worth a shot...

Here is a link that might be useful: Mar Beck

• jimrbto
    17 years ago

Don't know which gaskets you need but I have found the round "O" ring type at auto parts and industrial parts stores, even found the big ones for the sealing jars there.

• ksrogers
    17 years ago

Sorry, no post editing, after a posting. As to replacement FS gaskets, about all you can do is find a company that can sell sheet rubber. I assume its a closed cell foam rubber, then cut one to size using a knife. The easiest is to just replace the FS machine. but save the other old parts as some are interchangable like the vacuum pump and heater element. The cost and effort of making a gasket may not be worth the bother. Some years ago, I found a local company here that sells all kinds of rubber products, some as O rings and also sheets. If you can measure the thickeness and see if its a black foam rubber (assuming is the part that holds the opening of the bags within the vacuum trough), you may be able to buy a small sheet of something similar. Greene Rubber is the company, and its located in Woburn MA. They do NOT sell Food Saver parts, but do have many kinds of rubber products for industry. If the rubber you need is the part that is opposite the bottom heater strip that could be a big piece of O ring material, or a rectangular strip of similar thickness which would just push into place.

• mike5182_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

Has any one of you ever thought of a TEN SECOND FIX for dry foam rubber gaskets???
    It's called WARM TAP WATER!!
    Run the gaskets under warm water for ten seconds reinstall them into the grooves in the machine - - - -
    VOILA! WORKS LIKE A NEW ONE!! It's not rocket science....simple COMMON SENSE! Rubber dries out. Warm water causes it to swell enough to function properly.
    By the way, jardenStore HAS THE GASKETS in stock! I just purchased a pair of these gaskets in case I BREAK one.

• w3mtg_zoominternet_net
    12 years ago

Screw those people, I made my own lower gasket from silicone rubber. It works fantastic and I've been using it for the last three months with no problems at all. There is absolutely no leakage around the gasket I made. It's a simple process as well. All you need is silcone rubber, a caulking gun and wax paper. Simple to do.

• hartjune_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

My V1090 foodsaver is in excellent shape, all I need is a gasket. when I called food saver they told me to buy a new machine! I will try the silicone. If I have to buy a new one, I will buy 10 gaskets for that machine and vaccuun seal them so I won't have this problem again. The gaskets are very cheap.

• jmcgraw16
    10 years ago

I ordered part # T910-00075 from Jarden and it fits my v2420. It took a lot of searching before I found a place that said it would fit but boy am I happy I did!! $4.00 verses a new foodsaver.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jarden Consumer Solutions

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company