Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dieseler

Boudin Sourdough Bread

dieseler
15 years ago

Hi, first time posting in this forum as i usually post in the garden web fig forum. Waht brought me here was i was searching sourdough bread. Recently a member from the other forum i go to sent me a loaf from San Fransico Boudin bakery to try it and compare to my sourdough bread. After recieveing it yesterday i was told to put in oven give it a mist and eat, well i never tasted bread from out west but this bread to me was the best i had as far as sourdough bread goes. Something about that crust their bread has, to me its so light thin crust but crunch and not hard kinda crunches like a saltine cracker. I sure wish i could make a crust like that as mine is thicker and crunchy but harder. Their bread also has a beautiful color to it a dark color and in the slashes a nice golden color that stands out when looking at the bread, also theie bread is real shiney.

I saw a short clip on TV about history of bread a while back and Boudin was one bakery featured , they took you in the kitchen and showed there process and also the oven they cook the bread in , i like the idea of pushing a button and it steams there oven , must be nice! The manager or cook that was doing the interview was very good.

Martin

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH