Return to the Heaths & Heathers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An excellent supplier

Posted by cranebill 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 04 at 9:26

When I began browsing forums for information about heaths and heathers, I found that a number of people gave very good reports about Rock Spray Nursery. I have not dealt with them, and will probably give them a try at some point. But I wanted to report on another supplier that I do have experience with and highly recommend - Heaths and Heathers in the Seattle area (www.heathsandheathers.com). They have a huge selection, good online catalog (with hundreds of photos and excellent detailed descriptions of individual cultivars), a FAQ, and prompt service. They offer really nice custom selected collections as, I understand, Rock Spray does also. I also like the fact that they ship in recycled packing materials. I'm not sure how prices compare with Rock Spray, but I think they're about the same. All the plants I've gotten from Heaths and Heathers positively glowed with health when they arrived, and all remained vigorous and made it through their first and unusually harsh winter here in southeastern PA. Several of the Callunas are flowering fully now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An excellent supplier

Since this post has been at the top of the forum for some time, I'm dropping it down with this "response".

o

Thanks for listing another supplier. I will share my experience with Rock Spray.

I placed a huge order with them last spring and listed the week I wanted the delivery. We emailed back & forth about this a few times. About 2 weeks before the scheduled delivery I had a change in some travel plans and needed to change the delivery date and sent several urgent emails and tried to call (no response). Of course they ended up shipping the original date and my son had to accept the shipment (teenager!). Nearly all plants were miraculously still in great shape when I returned roughly a week later and their packing appeared to have been fantastic.

I was very suprised that after all that contact I ended up with a bunch of substitutes I didn't approve, but all that said we had a very harsh winter here with no snow cover the first half and it appears most of them came through OK.

All in all I'd say the plants were a good size for the prices and the packing and shipping was great. The substitutions were a bit of a surprise but OK in the end. I filled a large bed so the variety turned out OK. If I were trying to get a specific variety I would have been mad. but in this case all is OK.

Thanks again for listing another supplier.

o

I have ordered from Rock Spray twice. First time everything was perfect. Second time I had some innapropriate substitutes. When I notified them, they quickly fixed the problem. I recieved very nice, well packed plants both times. Their web page quantities tend to be innacurate, so if you want to be sure of availablity, call or email them.

Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heaths & Heathers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here