Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenlarry_gw

Help for my Daboecia

greenlarry
16 years ago

I bought this little ericaceous shrub a couple of years ago and planted it in the front garden where it would get some sun but not be baked all day. It did quite well for a while, flowers every year(is flowering now, albeit weakly) but over time it deteriorated. Its a combination of heavy soil, and trampling feet(kids,dogs etc)thats done it!

I have worked the soil extensively before planting this bed out,putting lots of compost and manure in it but its no good, nothing does too well(apart from a established Forsythia and a Spiraea)-even the potatoes I planted last year to hopefully break the soil didnt come through!

I have therefore decided to move most of the plants out to the back garden where the soil is a lot better, even though it gets a lot more sun, but what to do with this little chap. Thyere not easy to come by round here(not seen one for sale since) so it would be a shame to lose it!

How do these take to pruning-I could do with cutting back its straggly stems and geting some bushiness back.

Cheers

Larry

Comments (3)

Sponsored