Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersandthings

Please help me to get this heather to survive????

flowersandthings
19 years ago

So I broke down and bought another heather after many failures but this is the last one...... It was unmarked...... just said calluna vulgaris (no cultivar)..... in a large couple gallon pot...... I got one that still had alot of green on it...... some looked a little iffy..... It still has a couple of blooms...... the bottom looks a little dead and leggy but that's normal isn't it?????? (It was on sale....... :) )...... Is it too late to plant it???? I"m going to have to anyway..... I think it will do well???? ..... So where should I plant it????? Is there anything I can do to insure its survival???? My soil (I think) is reasonably acidic plants like azalea THRIVE with no additional acidic fertilizer..... I'm zone 6/7 (zone 7 'technically') on the cusp of zone 6..... and I was planning on putting it near a path ..... should I plant it on a little hill so the soil drains better?????? My soil drains pretty much fine but I was just wondering???? This site is not dry but not real moist..... will it do well there????? It is full sun..... Should I mulch heavily????? Should I add extra acidic things to the soil (like coffee grounds) Help..... pleeeeasssssse!!!! :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County