Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Okra - grown for five generations

Posted by mstrgrdnr 8 GA (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 05 at 15:10

I have some okra seed available to anyone who wants it.

This variety has been grown for five generations by a friend's family here in south GA.

It grows and produces like crazy.

I also have a mixture of birdhouse and dipper gourd seeds as well. They are mixed with no way to tell them apart.

If you want to do a trade, I am looking for some squash seed if you have these varieites:

Moschata
Tatume
Tromboncino

If not, I am willing to send the seeds out with a SASBE.

Please be sure to send a business size envelope, because the seeds are pretty big.

Thanks,

Aubrey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Okra - grown for five generations

I would love to sample some okra. I do not have any of your wants. Would gladly SASE.
aggieinid

o

hello...would love some of your okra for our family garden,,i don't have any of these squash,,could i interest you with anything else ,,or i can sasbe,,would like several trades,,,,thank you ,,betty sue

o

Do you have any okra seeds left?

o

If you do have some seeds left, I would like some. Check my trade list if you would be interested in tomatoes.

John

o

I would be glad to send a SASBE or trade for anything I have.....that is if you have any seeds left!

o

I would love to send you a SASE for some okra if you have some left.

Thank you.

SunGrasses

o

i realize this post is old but okra is one of my favorites. will you tell me a little about it? size prickley or not. i kave some okra that i have had for 25 years that i got from og seed exchange. the okra had been in his neighbour family for generations.it fits the description of "star of david" somewhat.
happy gardening lori

o

Aubrey, please log in my name for next year's harvest. Yes, I am very interested in some of that okra and I finally aquired some tromboncino seeds for next year's planting! I also have another heirloom okra and may also get more squash seeds you want as I'm collecting squashes and gourds. E-mail me any time.

o

I don't have anything you are looking for but I would love to have some okra seeds if you have any left. I'll send a sase. thank you lajo62

o

Would love to try all for an sase if available!
Thanks
Heidi

o

Do you still have some okra seeds left for sase? Please let me know.
Thank you.
Deb

o

would you be willing to sase for some of your seeds?
Ty in advance

White Elk

o

I have some antique red double poppy seeds that were given to me 30+ years ago by an elderly neighbor. Would you want to trade okra seeds for poppy seeds? Please let me know if you would, I would LOVE to get a start of your okra.

o

If you are still have any okra seeds left, and are willing to let them go for a SASE and a few stamps, I would love to participate in this transaction.

o

Do you have any okra seeds left for a SASBE?

I'd love to have some.

Thanks.

Karen in Central Florida

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here