Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Looking for heirloom veggie seeds

Posted by amar z5 IA (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 07 at 22:12

Hi,

I have been with this forum for a while and I traded for many great varieties. I have been growing heirlooms for several years. I don't have much to trade for at the moment. I am involved with the student organic farm at Iowa State University. It is a student club and we grow many veggies and sell some to the local CSA.

We would like to try as many heirloom varieties as possible this year. We can try the varieties and decide whether we can grow them without too many problems. Also we should market the best flavored produce rather than a lot of bland hybrids. Seed saving is great for a club with limited funds. I can't wait for the taste trials.

This is a great opportunity for all the different people who come to the farm and they can see the practical side of seed saving. Some of the people will learn how to grow crops which they have no experience with.

We bought some seed but we would like more. If anyone has any extra seeds and you are willing to do a SASBE please let me know.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Looking for heirloom veggie seeds

I have mountaineer half runners, been using for the last 4 generations. To me the very best green bean in the world. I would love to share some with you. Everyone should try at least once.

o
RE: WANTED: Looking for heirloom veggie seeds

Join Seed Savers Exchange. It will cost you as much as taking two people to a franchise steak house for dinner... but you will get back such a wealth of opportunities and potential contacts that your head will spin.

Hopefully you will also want to participate by learning to save seeds of your own and offer them back to other members. Google for site... and follow the leads!

Jan
Arkansas Seed Saver

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here