Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jay_8b

HAVE: Tomato Seeds

jay_8b
19 years ago

Have 2004 Heirloom Hawkins tomato seeds for SASBE.

The tomatoes are a red (approx. 1 lb.) fruit - great in salads, sandwiches, sauce and eating straight off the vine.

The seeds have been saved each year from a plant originally discovered more than 30 years ago by my father-in-law. My Dad took over growing the tomatoes & now he is getting on in years & would like to see the seeds distributed to as many people as possible to keep this incredibly delicious tomato growing.

In honor of my father-in-law this tomato was named the Hawkins tomato.

Please e-mail me for my address.

Thanks,

Jay

Comments (40)

• eileen_shorty2002
    19 years ago

i will gladly grow his tomatoes here in south jersey. please send me your addy. THANKS !

• johnski
    19 years ago

Hi Jay, I'd be delighted to grow this tomato in TN. Please e-mail me your address. Also, check my trade list to see if there's anything you'd like from me.

John

• brass_monkey14
    19 years ago

Can I try a few of his tomato seeds, Thanks Monkey

• ShelbyRayMom
    18 years ago

Jay, I am interested if you have any left.

Thanks & please let me know.
    Tammy
    GW ShelbyRayMom

• mcurtdis
    18 years ago

i would love to try them

• journey149
    18 years ago

I would love some for sase

• ShelbyRayMom
    18 years ago

Jay, I got your seeds. Thank you very much!

• flower_153
    18 years ago

Do you have any seeds left? I would love to try a couple in sunny California.
    Thank you.
    flower_153

• cat_2100
    18 years ago

I would love to try some of your Hawkins tomatos.
    Please let me know if you have any left.
    Thanks so much
    Cathy

• galily
    18 years ago

Would love some seeds if you have any left.

• codella
    18 years ago

id love to try some of the hawkins tomatos. ill take good care of them and make sure they continue on. let me know. thanks zip code 94110

• DustyRoads
    18 years ago

Hope you have a few of these seeds left, I wouldn't mind trying these they sound delicious!

• rdwhtblu
    18 years ago

Surely I can get those to grow in MO! I will gladly send a SASE if you still have seeds left!

• Dign
    18 years ago

I would love to try growing these tomatoes----if there are any left!
    Thanks,
    Pam

• MrsJustice
    18 years ago

Dear Jay_8b
    I would like to grow your father-inlaw seeds, if you have any more. I think it is wonderful that you are doing this for him, Amen!!

I will keep his Hawkins Tomatoes in my family forever, as my first Heirlooms, and pray for him.

• winemaker1942
    18 years ago

Hi Jay 8b!! I'd be very happy to keep Hawkins Tom going if you have any left?? I think heirlooms are the best and we all should keep them going...I know it's too late to plant this year but I would save for next year..
    Thanks.. Winemaker in NC

• RebeccaMN
    18 years ago

Hi Jay-
    I would love to try some of your tomato seeds if you have any left.
    Thanks! Rebecca

• jay_8b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the great response.
    I don't have any more seeds to offer at this time.
    Jay

• lajo62
    18 years ago

I would gladley plant some tomatoes in your Dad and save seeds to be shared with anyone who wants them. Heilooms are the best. My Dad grew tomatoes too but he always bought his plants. Let me know if you have any seeds left. Thank You lajo62

• gmaness
    18 years ago

I would love to try to grow out your family's Hawkins heirloom tomato here in central North Carolina. If you have any still available please let me know. Thanks, Gary

• jay_8b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the great response.

I don't have any more seeds to offer at this time. E-mail me if you'd like some seeds in Sept.

Thanks,
    Jay

• mysebringjx98
    18 years ago

I'd love to try another heirloom tomato, send me your info an I'll get you out aSASE asap. mendi.earthling@gmail.com

Thanks
    Mendi

• jay_8b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I now have plenty of 2006 freshly harvested Hawkins Tomato seeds available for SASBE.
    I have e-mailed everyone on the waiting list that I had. If you did not receive an e-mail, please let me know.
    Please e-mail me for my address.
    Thanks,
    Jay

• absolute_skeletor
    14 years ago

I have a plant from one of your seeds growing in my yard right now. Ill post a picture when i get a ripe one.

• absolute_skeletor
    14 years ago

I hope this works right..the tomatoes are not yet ripe but heres a picture

• forestboy
    14 years ago

Hi there's probably no seeds left but if anybody has any seeds of this type I would love to have some~~forestboy~~

• absolute_skeletor
    14 years ago

Plant i grew that was in the picture got wiped out by blight..fortunately i was able to harvest seeds from the tomato in the picture.

After the next growing season i should have some i can give out.

• absolute_skeletor
    14 years ago

I have already started a seedling to try growing this tomato again this year.

I also sent some of the original seeds that were sent to a gardening friend of mine in NC. If her plants are successful this friend of mine will spread this Hawkins heirloom to more people.

Here is a seed group I am in on facebook group, dedicated to seed saving and sharing, if anyone is interested. See link Below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Seeds for Life

• absolute_skeletor
    10 years ago

I have not grown these since 2009, I wanted to let people know that I will be growing them in 2014 and I will try to get the seeds out to more people as well as provide pictures of the plant.

• absolute_skeletor
    9 years ago

I included a link to my gardening group on Facebook. I will be growing a plant from seed originally obtained by the thread poster. I plan on seed saving and continuing to give these out to any interested people.

Here is a link that might be useful: Everyone Is Welcome Seed Swap

• absolute_skeletor
    9 years ago

As of 6/8/2014 this is my Hawkins Heirloom tomato grown from a seed that originated from the creator of this thread.

• absolute_skeletor
    9 years ago

I have flowers now.

• absolute_skeletor
    9 years ago

As of today

• absolute_skeletor
    9 years ago

As of today.

• sigma3
    8 years ago

I would love some Hawkins seed beautiful tomato. If anyone has some please message me.

• Anthony Gatlin
    8 years ago

The Hawkins Tomato looks absolutely gorgeous. I would love to plant this tomato if anyone happens to have seeds.

• Tman texas
    7 years ago

LOVE TO TRY SOME!

• Lexi Murphy
    7 years ago

Absolute, do have any of these seeds by chance, these look delish

• Jay XX
    6 years ago

Hi, Are any of these seeds still available?