Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Tomato Seeds

Posted by Jay_8b z8 FL (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 20:49

Have 2004 Heirloom Hawkins tomato seeds for SASBE.
The tomatoes are a red (approx. 1 lb.) fruit - great in salads, sandwiches, sauce and eating straight off the vine.
The seeds have been saved each year from a plant originally discovered more than 30 years ago by my father-in-law. My Dad took over growing the tomatoes & now he is getting on in years & would like to see the seeds distributed to as many people as possible to keep this incredibly delicious tomato growing.
In honor of my father-in-law this tomato was named the Hawkins tomato.
Please e-mail me for my address.
Thanks,
Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Tomato Seeds

i will gladly grow his tomatoes here in south jersey. please send me your addy. THANKS !

o

Hi Jay, I'd be delighted to grow this tomato in TN. Please e-mail me your address. Also, check my trade list to see if there's anything you'd like from me.

John

o

Can I try a few of his tomato seeds, Thanks Monkey

o

Jay, I am interested if you have any left.

Thanks & please let me know.
Tammy
GW ShelbyRayMom

o

i would love to try them

o

I would love some for sase

o

Jay, I got your seeds. Thank you very much!

o

Do you have any seeds left? I would love to try a couple in sunny California.
Thank you.
flower_153

o

I would love to try some of your Hawkins tomatos.
Please let me know if you have any left.
Thanks so much
Cathy

o

Would love some seeds if you have any left.

o

id love to try some of the hawkins tomatos. ill take good care of them and make sure they continue on. let me know. thanks zip code 94110

o

Hope you have a few of these seeds left, I wouldn't mind trying these they sound delicious!

o

Surely I can get those to grow in MO! I will gladly send a SASE if you still have seeds left!

o

I would love to try growing these tomatoes----if there are any left!
Thanks,
Pam

o

Dear Jay_8b
I would like to grow your father-inlaw seeds, if you have any more. I think it is wonderful that you are doing this for him, Amen!!

I will keep his Hawkins Tomatoes in my family forever, as my first Heirlooms, and pray for him.

o

Hi Jay 8b!! I'd be very happy to keep Hawkins Tom going if you have any left?? I think heirlooms are the best and we all should keep them going...I know it's too late to plant this year but I would save for next year..
Thanks.. Winemaker in NC

o

Hi Jay-
I would love to try some of your tomato seeds if you have any left.
Thanks! Rebecca

o

Thanks for the great response.
I don't have any more seeds to offer at this time.
Jay

o

I would gladley plant some tomatoes in your Dad and save seeds to be shared with anyone who wants them. Heilooms are the best. My Dad grew tomatoes too but he always bought his plants. Let me know if you have any seeds left. Thank You lajo62

o

I would love to try to grow out your family's Hawkins heirloom tomato here in central North Carolina. If you have any still available please let me know. Thanks, Gary

o

Thanks for the great response.

I don't have any more seeds to offer at this time. E-mail me if you'd like some seeds in Sept.

Thanks,
Jay

o

I'd love to try another heirloom tomato, send me your info an I'll get you out aSASE asap. mendi.earthling@gmail.com

Thanks
Mendi

o

I now have plenty of 2006 freshly harvested Hawkins Tomato seeds available for SASBE.
I have e-mailed everyone on the waiting list that I had. If you did not receive an e-mail, please let me know.
Please e-mail me for my address.
Thanks,
Jay

o

I have a plant from one of your seeds growing in my yard right now. Ill post a picture when i get a ripe one.

o

Hawkins Heirloom

I hope this works right..the tomatoes are not yet ripe but heres a picture

o

Hi there's probably no seeds left but if anybody has any seeds of this type I would love to have some~~forestboy~~

o

Plant i grew that was in the picture got wiped out by blight..fortunately i was able to harvest seeds from the tomato in the picture.

After the next growing season i should have some i can give out.

o

I have already started a seedling to try growing this tomato again this year.

I also sent some of the original seeds that were sent to a gardening friend of mine in NC. If her plants are successful this friend of mine will spread this Hawkins heirloom to more people.

Here is a seed group I am in on facebook group, dedicated to seed saving and sharing, if anyone is interested. See link Below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Seeds for Life

o

I have not grown these since 2009, I wanted to let people know that I will be growing them in 2014 and I will try to get the seeds out to more people as well as provide pictures of the plant.

o

I included a link to my gardening group on Facebook. I will be growing a plant from seed originally obtained by the thread poster. I plan on seed saving and continuing to give these out to any interested people.

Here is a link that might be useful: Everyone Is Welcome Seed Swap

o

As of 6/8/2014 this is my Hawkins Heirloom tomato grown from a seed that originated from the creator of this thread.

o

I have flowers now.

o

As of today

o

As of today.

o

Finally, I will be harvesting seeds from one of these soon and will have seeds available. Im thinking about sending them out in packes of 5 - 10 seeds each for SASE.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here