Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Old time Garlic & multiplying onions for flower bulbs

Posted by catsoup zone 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 05 at 8:46

I have garlic buttons and multiplying onion buttons to trade for perennial flowers or hardy flower bulbs. My mother in law gave me a start of these garlic about 35 years ago. They came to her from her mother in law. The multiplying onions came from my aunt and she has had them for many years. These "buttons" are from the "heads" that grow on top of the garlic and onions that I have to trade. You do not have to gather them and replant them each year. They will come back thicker each year if you allow them to drop off the plant. Please let me know what you have to trade.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Old time Garlic & multiplying onions for flower bulbs

Hi!! catsoup,
I have Holly hock and Foxglove seed for trade..Foxglove, I have yellow-pink and purple..Holly hock, in doubles pink- red and rose colored..in singles..Red - black-white- yellow ank pink..If you're interested in tradeing... let me know..
Winemaker NC

o

do you still have any onions ?
i have heirloom tomato,corn,peas and okra.
thanks lori

o

Would you happen to have any of the onion or garlic left? I have a nice purple and white heirloom mum that I would gladly trade a portion of.
Susan

o

It has been a long time since you posted that you had garlic and onions, but I'll take a chance. Mostly what I have to trade are seeds. Take a look for yourself. I also have paw paw seeds. I do have some veggies and lots of flower seeds. Please let me know if we can trade. THANKS!!

o

I have spider lily bulbs and daffodils that I have had for 30+ years if you would like to trade.
Please let me know.
Ann

o

If you have any left I would be interested. I have some lily of the valley. I would have to wait for the ground to thaw. Thank You lajo62

o

Like the last post said, it's been a long time since this posting, but if you still have the garlic, I would be interested.

I have lots of different seeds, Hollyhock (Black)Helanium (Autumn Lollipop, Purple Liatris, Columbine (pale yellow)and much more.

Let me know. Thanks

Lyn

o

still available lets talk

o

Organic Gardening Girl, are you still interested in a trade. The posts here did not go to my email and I didn't know you had posted. I only have the old time society garlic left. Please let me know.
Kathie

o

I'd like to trade some flower bulbs if you have any onions left. You can contact me at gwat1@swbell.net Thanks!

o
purplemultiplyingonions

my cousin is looking for onions his grandmother had.she called them "purple multiplying onions"i cannot find them in any catalogue.will be happy to purchase them from anyone who has them.i have shown him photos from seed catalogues and none look the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here