Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tucker303

WANTED: Another Heirloom Person Wanting

tucker303
18 years ago

Hi...looking for heirloom flowering items...seeds or plants. Decided a couple of weeks ago to develop the rest of the yard I have been working on in heirloom. DO not have much to trade yet accept bindweed (I don't you want!). Especially like something that might have a history to it...belonged to so-and-so xx years ago...but not a must. I like knowing it belonged to someone I guess!

Let me know...will pay for anything...Rob

Comment (1)

• MimiB1
    18 years ago

I have Heirloom Amaryllis seeds if you would like to trade. About 8 years ago I bought an 70 year old house that had been a rental for a long time. We remodeled a great deal of it and then started to reclaim the very large yard. Under the old shrubs and trees I found some pathetic shoots from some old bulbs. I dug them up, babied them in pots for a year, and replanted some of them in the gardens. I was rewarded with fabulous blooms the next Spring. The sale had been handled by an agent so I had never met the seller. A man stopped by and said that he grew up in this house and that he and his brother were the sellers but since they both lived in other states they had rented the house for many years. The house had been built for his mother by his father. They were both teachers at the local High School. She loved plants and had put many bulbs in all over the yard. Although she loved her gardens, as she got older they received less attention. When she passed away the tenants let all of them go to weeds. I think of her every Spring when I see all of the beautiful Peppermint, and Salmon colored blooms, usually four to a stalk on every bulb. Since then, I have collected the seeds, started many more bulbs and traded all over the country. I feel like I am preserving a small piece of our history. I have no idea what their name is or any of that. I just know that they are beautiful! Let me know if you would like to trade!