Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Another Heirloom Person Wanting

Posted by tucker303 z5CO (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 05 at 15:41

Hi...looking for heirloom flowering items...seeds or plants. Decided a couple of weeks ago to develop the rest of the yard I have been working on in heirloom. DO not have much to trade yet accept bindweed (I don't you want!). Especially like something that might have a history to it...belonged to so-and-so xx years ago...but not a must. I like knowing it belonged to someone I guess!

Let me know...will pay for anything...Rob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Another Heirloom Person Wanting

I have Heirloom Amaryllis seeds if you would like to trade. About 8 years ago I bought an 70 year old house that had been a rental for a long time. We remodeled a great deal of it and then started to reclaim the very large yard. Under the old shrubs and trees I found some pathetic shoots from some old bulbs. I dug them up, babied them in pots for a year, and replanted some of them in the gardens. I was rewarded with fabulous blooms the next Spring. The sale had been handled by an agent so I had never met the seller. A man stopped by and said that he grew up in this house and that he and his brother were the sellers but since they both lived in other states they had rented the house for many years. The house had been built for his mother by his father. They were both teachers at the local High School. She loved plants and had put many bulbs in all over the yard. Although she loved her gardens, as she got older they received less attention. When she passed away the tenants let all of them go to weeds. I think of her every Spring when I see all of the beautiful Peppermint, and Salmon colored blooms, usually four to a stalk on every bulb. Since then, I have collected the seeds, started many more bulbs and traded all over the country. I feel like I am preserving a small piece of our history. I have no idea what their name is or any of that. I just know that they are beautiful! Let me know if you would like to trade!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here