Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlyday_gw

white, green, and black FFFV resistant heirloom tomatoes?

carlyday
15 years ago

This may be asking too much, but does anyone know from experience which white, green and black heirloom tomatoes are more resistant to fusarium (any or all strains) and Verticillium? I really want an interesting selection this year, but am tired of fighting with Mr. F and Mrs. V

thanks

Carly

Comments (4)

• fusion_power
    15 years ago

Red Mortgage Lifter is the only heirloom I know of that has significant levels of F & V tolerance. I have not yet found a black, white, or green with significant tolerance.

DarJones

• coralb
    13 years ago

I know this is an old thread but thought I would throw my two cents in. I have very bad fusurium wilt in my garden and have managed to grow purple cherokees.

• oath5
    13 years ago

Last year the black/purple Japanese Black Trifele was extremely healthy, while a lot of our tomatoes suffered (Roma type in particular). The foliage stayed rather healthy and they are delicious and good bearers.

• simmran1
    13 years ago

A variety called 'Bosu' caught my eye while looking through the SSE yearbook. WI LO M - HAS -1�"-2" round stew tomatoes and plenty of them. Easily filled a grocery bag per picking off 2 plants. Plants proved to be the most "bulletproof" of over 100 varieties observed and had every leaf that they ever had from the beginning when frost finally knocked them down. Not a single sign of late blight or leaf spot when everything else was dying. Never saw that in a non-hybrid before.