Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hutterite soup bean recipe?

Posted by garlicgrower Z5MA (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 1, 07 at 8:22

Hi Folks:
I just got around to my Hutterite soup beans...There they are sitting in a jar. Does anyone have an authentic traditional recipe for the soup? Or should I just wing-it and make up my own recipe?

Any recipes or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!
Maryanne in WMass

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hutterite soup bean recipe?

I don't know as there is a specific Hutterite soup recipe. But you might post this over at the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes forum. Somebody there might have an idea.

o

Yes, I di d that already
Thanks anyway
- I'm going to improvise
Cheers
M in WM

o

Try this recipe: http://beckyandthebeanstock.com/?p=28

It came out really well for me, but then again, these beans are phenomenal. Hard to go wrong with them probably. This site is great for all kinds of heirloom bean recipes though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here