Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenofgengo

Wild Sweetie tomato seeds

gardenofgengo
11 years ago

Hello
I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to where I may be able to find and purchase some tomato seeds for the heirloom variety called Wild Sweetie??
I've read about this tomato in Amy Goldman's book The Heirloom Tomato and I really want to try out this tomato! I can't find it anywhere but perhaps I'm not looking in the right places.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Gretchen

Comments (4)

• eahamel
    11 years ago

I've never seen one with this name before, not even in the Seed Savers Exchange handbook, which lists thousands of varieties of heirloom tomatoes, saved and offered by members.

There are several wild tomatoes that aren't too hard to find, including Matt's Wild and Texas Wild. These are tiny tomatoes, like currant tomatoes,and are very sweet and productive. You can find one of these without too much difficulty, Totally Tomatoes may have one of them.

• mrtomatohead2
    10 years ago

I only found one company that carries them. They are called Diggers and are located in Australia. When I tried to order them, they emailed me back and said that they cannot ship to the US, I am hoping that some heirloom tomato aficionado would be willing to share some with me

• zzackey
    10 years ago

Maybe a catalog called Totally Tomatoes might have them?

• gardenofgengo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was able to find some! Super ecstatic when I did :)
    I found them on the website Restoration Seeds. I attached a link for you, mrtomatohead2. My garden is quite deprived, as I had a baby in May and haven't been giving it love as I normally would. These plants are still growing itty delicious tomatoes for me though! I have an unopened packet and plan to use them next year, hopefully they're still good then!

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration seeds

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz