Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengirl_2010

blue ribbon pole bean seed

gardengirl_2010
14 years ago

does anyone know where I might get blue ribbon pole bean seeds? It's grown in tn, ky and nc, but is rare to get.

Comments (5)

• fusion_power
    14 years ago

I had to look this up to be sure my memory was correct. Sandhill carries a bean named Blue Ribbon but it is a bush variety. Are you sure the bean you are looking for is a pole type?

DarJones

Sandhill

• daisy4655
    14 years ago

There is a woman who sells seeds on Ebay under Blue Ribbon Tomatoes. She sells a bean called Mary Moore Greasy Beans--a Kentucky heirloom pole bean. Could this possibly be what you are making reference to?

Beth

• muscadineman45
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

They are sold by Appalachian Heirloom Bean Seeds, Hilham,TN. On internet, 50+ seeds, $6.00 per pack $3.00 shipping no matter how many you order.

• HU-768192084
    3 years ago

I ordered from Wright Heirloom seed company in Hilman Tennessee. These were not the same as were sold several years ago from Mayo Seed Co out of Knoxville, Tennessee. The producer of their seed died several years ago and as far as I have been able to find out, was the only person that was producing the Blue Ribbon Pole Bean seed. Very disappointing to say the least. They were the best pole bean I have ever eaten.

• HU-451477748
    last year

I grow the old Blue Ribbon pole bean from private