Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Idiot Proof Sweet Peppers

Posted by snoggle75 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 27, 10 at 19:03

Every year I try to grow sweet peppers, and every year, for numerous reasons, I am less than successful. I am determined to have better luck this year. I would like to grow some "idiot proof" sweet peppers. I've read that Gypsy and Carmen are very prolific, easy to grow hybrids. I'm going to try Gypsy, but I'd really like to grow more heirlooms if possible. Which heirloom sweet peppers, bell or non-bell, do you like to grow that are yummy, easy, and very productive?

After reading the Baker Creek Heirloom customer reviews I'm going to try "Red Belgian" and "Red Cheese". Any thoughts? Any other ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Idiot Proof Sweet Peppers

Boris Banana pepper is phenomenally easy to grow. It is not a bell though.

Alma Paprika and Franks are two that I like to grow just about every year. They are available at Sandhill Preservation.

DarJones

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heirloom Plants & Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here