Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crnagora95

Yugoslavian Seeds?

crnagora95
13 years ago

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could locate heirloom vegetable seeds from the former Yugoslavia? That would be any Montenegrin, Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian or Slovenian seeds. I have "Yugoslavian Red" lettuce, "Crnkovic Yugoslavian" tomato, "Bosnian Pole" and "Uzice Speckled Wax" beans, along with some family heirlooms from Montenegro. Thanks for your help!

-Nick

Comments (6)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Nick, I grow a croatian lettuce given to me by a friend, it looks similar to your Yugoslavian Red but mine is mostly green with just a few splashes of color. If your interested send me an email through GW.

Annette

• jwr6404
    13 years ago

Several vendors sell the Crynkovic Yugoslavian and the plants are available from Selected Plants.

• crnagora95
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jwr6404: I already have Crnkovic Yugoslavian.
    Annette: I emailed you regarding the lettuce

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Nick I didn't get your email, I'll try emailing you.

Annette

• bella_trix
    13 years ago

Hi Nick -

A pole bean from (the former) Yugoslavia called "Tisa" is available from Seed Savers Exchange's Yearbook. The same person who originally offered "Uzice Speckled Wax" from Serbia offers "Tisa". You may be able to find other Yugoslavian varieties by joining Seed Savers. I'm trying to track some down, too.

Which heirlooms do you have from Montenegro? My boyfriend's mother is from there and I would love to be able to grow something that is connected to her heritage. Would you be willing to trade seed? I grow quite a few heirlooms/OP varieties.

Thanks!
    Bellatrix

• crnagora95
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Bellatrix,

Sent you an email

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living