Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irish_rose_grower

What heirloom seed company will ship seeds quickly?

irish_rose_grower
14 years ago

I need to get some watermelon and onion seeds shipped so i have them by Saturday -- was thinking of Sands hill and Baker Creek -- does anyone know how long it will take them to ship this time of year?

I ordered last week from tomato growers and got seeds in less than a week.

if anyone has any extra watermelon seeds I would love to trade -- i'll give you 5 packs of mine for 1 trade of watermelon.

thanks

Comments (3)

• gardensue
    14 years ago

I ordered from Baker Creek one week ago today and received them on Wednesday (it might even have been Tuesday). I did not order from Sand Hill this year. I received my order from Nichols Garden Nursery the same day as Baker. Alas, I am still waiting on the shipment from Shumway.
    Hope that helps!

• farmerdilla
    14 years ago

Baker Creek is about as fast as any. Victory seeds also is good.

• irish_rose_grower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HI Gardensue - I tried ordering from Baker creek today, but they sold out of orangeglow. Turns out i got them from Seed Savers Exchange. So happy:-)
    thank you!

Farmerdilla - I ordered already when I got your post. I wanted Orangeglow and not many places have it. thank you for your help.

I got orangeglow and Cherokee moon & Stars -- if you can give me any info on these I would apprecaite it. I've never grown watermelons before and I know you were really nice and helped with my muskmelon choices.