Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronniemincey

Any heirloom mater seeds for donation to a newbie ? :)

ronniemincey
11 years ago

Hi guys,
I'm new to the garden thing, this will be my second year. Last year was a mess but this year I know more than I knew last year so hopefully we do a little better! Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any heirloom tomato seeds for me to try this year. I don't have any seeds to trade but would love to try some new varieties. If you have some seeds to spare let me know :) they will be much appreciated from one gardener to another. :)

Comments (4)

• zucchini
    11 years ago

I can send you some...
    Any particular type you are looking for:
    ie: beefsteak
    red
    orange
    mahogany
    white (lt.green)
    Green when ripe
    or
    Plums
    I am in Canada, they say you can't send seeds to the USA but it has never been a problem...I think it would be a problem if large quantities were sent..and no plants for sure.
    Let me know.. at marcharhen@yahoo.com

cheers,
    Martha Zucchini

• LogyMcKae
    10 years ago

I too would be interested in a few seeds if you are still offering them Martha. This was my first year and I would love to expand with more-different tomato varieties! Email me if you are still willing to part with some seeds for a beginner. :)

• Handyman321
    10 years ago

It would help to know what kind you are interested in. I have over 40 varieties...

• LogyMcKae
    10 years ago

Being a newbie, a variety of tomatoes, would be fine! A variety of each kind? a couple beefsteaks, a couple of paste, a couple of cherries, and a couple 'stuffers'? (I hope this makes sense I read about different kinds of tomatoes online?) I wouldn't need a lot of each variety, just enough to ensure germination and to give them a try!