Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengal2

Cinnamon Bush

gardengal2
17 years ago

A friend of mine has a bush she calls a Cinnamon Bush. She moved it from her Grandmother's farm. It has tiny yellow daisy like flowers. She is not certain of the name, but that is what they always called it. Anyone have any idea the true name and where I could buy one?

Comments (9)

• ginny12
    17 years ago

Did you Google "cinnamon bush"? I just did and found a number of possibilities. I'm not sure which one is yours so I hope you'll check and let us know. Good luck!

• vickilyn
    17 years ago

I have a bush like the one you describe. It's in full bloom right now, and the small, yellow blossoms smell like cinnamon. I started the bush from a friends bush...She called her bush a "Cinnamon Bush", too, and I have no idea what the scientific name is. I tried to find one, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Then I discovered that I could start a bush from hers! The bush sends up shoots, or "babies" next to the mother bush...similar to the way a lilac bush does. You can dig those up and plant them, and you'll soon have your own bush. My sister planted 3 "babies" from mine last year, and hers are up and blooming this year. They'll take a few years to get big, but mine filled out and got to be about 5-6 feet tall and wide in 4 growing seasons.

• gardengal2
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you very much for the info. I will ask the lady who has a bush for a start. I tried to google for a source, but to no avail. But if I can get a free start that will be even better.

• kstonequist
    15 years ago

Has anyone found a source for cinnamon bushes? I would like to buy more..I would also like any information anyone has on it..Thanks!

• carolviolette_aol_com
    12 years ago

My friend who gave me two "sticks" to plant told me they were cinnamon bushes and the real name of them was Wisconsin Currant. They are very hearty and grow really fast!

• Gabble
    11 years ago

I think what you may have is a sassafras. You can look at the images in the link and see.

I found it by searching sassafras flowers images on Google.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sassafras flowers

• HU-647613705
    2 years ago

It’s called Clove Currant

• Loretta Lee
    2 years ago

Cinnamon Girl™ Distylium