Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthieg__tx

Growth Habit of Anasazi

ruthieg__tx
19 years ago

Does anyone know if the Anasazi Bean is a bush bean or a climber?

Comments (4)

• gardenlad
    19 years ago

Anasazi is a bush, dry bean, Ruthie, that matures in 65-70 days.

• ruthieg__tx
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you so much for your response...Have a couple of beds ready...one with a beautiful wire trellis but didn't want to waste it if they didn't need it...

• gardenlad
    19 years ago

I don't know that leaving it unused is the same as wasting, Ruthie. But if you want to use that trellis, a pole bean would be better.

How wide are those beds? Given enough space, you could use the trellis for one crop---say, cucumbers, and plant additional rows of the Anasazi outboard of them.

I'm not talking about a lot of distance, either. If the bed is as little as two feet wide I believe you could double-crop that way.

• ruthieg__tx
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks a bunch...that is exactly what I am going to do...and right on...no space is ever wasted...I cram so much into a bed that it looks like plants are growing on top of each other but I like it that way...I thin them out to growing distance but if there is room for grass to grow then I figure there is room for another edible plant...

I have never grown anasazi before and only eaten them dried but am wondering if they are any good eating as a green bean instead of just dried...I love beans...any kind and any description...I planted Kentucky Wonders on that frence this am and limas on the edge of the bed...I planted anasazi and french filets as well this am...I ran out of Kentucky Wonders so my husband is picking some up for me so I can finish that row...Thanks for your help..