Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rusty105_gw

Looking for heirloom veg seeds, trade for postage?

rusty105
13 years ago

Hi, everyone. I am looking to start a small veg garden, Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, green beans, etc... Basically salad type vegetables for now. I would rather not have to buy seeds every year, so i am looking for the heirlooms that I can harvest the seeds from to grow in the following years. I am also looking for cooking herbs, basil, oregano, thyme, mint etc..

thanks for looking

John

rustyppc at jr4net dot net

Comments (3)

• Astroknot
    13 years ago

Hey rusty105, you should make a post in the Seed Exchange forum -- there's a lot of friendly people in there who can help you find the seeds you are looking for. If you don't have any seeds of your own that you can offer for trade, you can try offering a SASBE ("self addressed stamped bubble envelope", basically postage in exchange for their seeds).

I had my first seeds trades just a couple of weeks ago, and it's a lot of fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Exchange Forum

• rusty105
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! I saw that forum, but thought it was for flower seeds, I look for vegie seeds.
    Thanks again!

• Astroknot
    12 years ago

No problem! This web site can be a little confusing to navigate through. If you have any questions on how to get set-up for the seed exchange, send me a PM.

At the Seed Exchange Forum, people are trading all kinds of seeds, not just flowers. I received some spinach, peppers, radishes, and squash in my first trade. It's a great community, I like it because, like you mentioned above, it gets a little tiresome to have to buy all these new packs of seeds every year. I only plant a few of them, and I end up with all this extra.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner