Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jesse217

looking for seeds of a white italian eggplant

jesse217
17 years ago

I have been seed saving from an italian white eggplant variety brought from italy - but this year they are not germinating well and i'm afraid i may lose the strain.

they are not exceptionally large, but small seeded with great flavor. Any thoughts on how to replace or what it might be? I don't have any photos. I am also posting on seed savers. thanks

Comments (4)

• permafrog
    17 years ago

try this site

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Growers Supply Company

• spinonitaliani
    13 years ago

I know of a White Italian Eggplant simply called "Italian White" (Melanzana Bianca Ovale). It is sold by Seeds of Change.

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    13 years ago

I know this is an old post but just in case you're checking back. Bianco a uovo White egg shaped and sized fruit.Rotonda Bianca Sfumata di Rosa Big very round eggplant White with pinkish fading. These are both available from Seeds from Italy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grow Italian

• nattydoll
    9 years ago

They sell packets and seedlings for these in NY. They are also known as ghost eggplants or White Eggplant "Casper".

I grew a Casper in a container indoors, and it grew to the size of my forearm over two months! I didn't get to taste it, because it got overrun by flies - wish it was planted outside!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH